Desktop virtualization involves placing physical desktops into a virtualized and centralized location at the data center. The desktops are then delivered over the network back to the end-user via a remote desktop client. Desktops can be centrally managed from any location -either remotely or locally-increasing security and decreasing operational costs while providing a better end-user desktop experience.
What are the Current Trends in Desktop virtualization?
- Desktop Virtualization, also known as Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), will be coupled with pooled resources -or the Cloud- which will to create more highly flexible and better utilized infrastructures.
- More applications will continue to be virtualized, removing them from the desktop entirely.
- Major IT implementations -such as the rollout of Windows 7/8 or application upgrades- are providing the opportunity for many organizations to build proof-of-concepts and evaluate Enterprise Desktop rollout.
- The Enterprise Desktop market continues to evolve driven by changing technology and the adoption of the “as-a-Service” model.
- Major elements of Enterprise Desktop are production ready, but some areas are still in development.
How Mature is Your Organization with Regards to Desktop Virtualization?
- How will Desktop Virtualization integrate with your disaster recovery/business continuity plans?
- What are your current processes for provisioning, decommissioning and upgrading desktops?
- How are your desktop images currently managed?
- What processes or policies do you have for desktop usage and how will a virtual desktop alter those policies?
- What security and privacy policies are in place that virtual desktops may change?
- What organizational change management method is in place that can support a large technology initiative?
How Can Desktop Virtualization Help Your Organization?
- Provide centralization of desktops and increase your operational excellence.
- Allow for more flexible business continuity and disaster recovery resulting in less downtime.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide longer useful life of desktop assets.
- Allow workforce greater access to desktop.
- Reduce operational strain and lower long-term capital expenses.
Best Practices for Desktop Virtualization
- Start with a pilot and proof of concept using your most predictable workforce and static configurations for the pilot, and the most complicated end-user scenario for the proof-of-concept.
- Virtualize applications first, prior to the desktop, which leads to easier integration and less complexity.
Challenges to Adopting Desktop Virtualization
- Change in desktop operations means change in management approach.
- Desktop Virtualization technology is still evolving and proof-of-concepts are critical.
- Higher upfront infrastructure investment is required.
- End-user acceptance and cultural change can be slow.
- Additional data center capacity will be needed.
- Help desk and desktop support processes will need to evolve with change in desktop operations.
Before you choose the right paper writing company, there are many things to take paper writing service into consideration. It should provide high quantity and quality at an affordable price. Also, you should be able to shell out as little as $20 to get writing done by a certified scrupulous performer. 99Papers is a trusted service which will provide high-quality documents on time. It has a long history of expertise and an excellent reputation for producing high-quality papers for reasonable costs. Its highly trained staff guarantees the customers are pleased with the writing.